An exciting opportunity for a highly motivated scientist to work independently and creatively on various research topics in the field of eye care within a small dedicated R&D laboratory, while contributing to interdisciplinary projects with global impact. This position involves both basic and applied research, and supports development of advanced imaging technology, prototype instrumentation and commercial ophthalmic devices. The successful Research Scientist is responsible for providing solutions based on rigorous physics and mathematical models, and is expected to participate in advanced ophthalmic imaging hardware and software development projects.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently on technical tasks, provide in depth analysis, and develop unique technical solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge and research experience in experimental and theoretical physic, and/or engineering.
• Demonstrated skills in modeling, statistics, data mining, and computing.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills necessary to deliver presentations and written reports.
• Demonstrated interpersonal skills necessary to interact with engineers and other technical and administrative members.
• Expertise in C/C++ and Python strongly preferred.
• Experience and/or knowledge of optical coherence tomography highly preferred, especially with respect to ophthalmic applications.
• Experience in optics design a plus.
• PhD or MS in Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar engineering