Topcon Medical Systems (TMS), based in Oakland, NJ, is a leading developer and supplier of diagnostic equipment for the ophthalmic community. Our mission is to make impossible ideas possible, by constantly developing new optical and measurement technologies. Our goal is simple: to provide you with the most innovative equipment so that you can better serve your patients.
For over 40 years, TMS has been leading the way with the most technically advanced instrumentation in the marketplace. Our product line comprises the largest selection of precision instruments from one manufacturer ... providing products for a wide range of applications, including imaging, diagnostic, refractive, surgical, and delivery. Whatever your particular instrument requirements, Topcon has the innovative solution you need.
All of our products are developed with the practitioner's needs in mind and backed up by a network of dedicated service specialists.
Topcon Medical Systems is expanding its cloud based application development presence in the eye care marketplace and is soliciting talented software engineers to assist in the creation and expansion of its software products.
• Topcon Corporation is expanding its cloud based application development presence in the eye care marketplace and is soliciting talented software engineers to assist in the creation and expansion of its software products.
Core Job Duties:
• Work with other technical leaders and product stockholders to design and develop SaaS platform and applications adopting state-of-the-art web and cloud technologies.
• Provide guidance and recommendation on software architecture, design patterns, and best practices for applications and solutions.
• Research and monitor technology trend, new technologies, and new software tools.
• Write core modules and components, resolve coding issues, and perform code review with development team.
• Define and implement Proof-Of-Concept prototypes for new features and proposals.
• Create technical documents including software requirement specification (SRS), software design specification (SDS) and release notes.
• Support existing solutions with enhancements and resolving issues.
• Perform 2nd-tier engineering support for implementation and support teams.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Expertise in building high performance, scalable, secure, and distributed web applications.
• Extensive experience as a software developer in object-oriented programming and coding.
• Expertise with services-orientation architecture and modular multi-layer system design and development.
• Excellent analytical abilities, technical creativity and self-motivation.
Education & Experience:
• BS or MS in computer science, computer engineering, or related technical majors.
• +3 years of experience with architecture design for complex web applications and cloud-based solutions.
• +10 years of experience with web and desktop application development in Windows environment using .NET, C#, and C++.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Strong understanding and experience with RESTful API design and development.
• Fluent on verbal and written communication skills.