• Provide expert evaluation and diagnosis of machine control system performance.
Core Job Duties:
• Conduct performance evaluation of closed loop control systems
• Installation and operation of instrumentation to collect data of machine dynamics during operation
• Inspection and analysis of collected data to diagnose performance issues
• Perform research to define appropriate instrumentation for field data collection
• Support engineering R&D by evaluating machine performance to verify new hardware and firmware releases
• Travel to OEM locations, and end user job sites to conduct machine performance evaluations
• Minimum Job Requirements:
Education & Experience:
• 4 year engineering degree is expected, 2 year degree with demonstrated experience considered.
• 3 years’ experience in related field
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Familiar with techniques and capable of capturing data from serial, Ethernet, CAN bus, and other common communication ports to extract and log test data
• Familiar with sensors and techniques for capturing dynamic position movement, hydraulic pressures and flows, and correlating temporal control system data
• Basic understanding of closed loop control systems, PID loops, Kalman filters
• Familiar with dynamic response of hydraulic positioning systems
• Able to communicate complicated topics clearly to colleagues and management
• Understand basic electrical properties and system interconnects, and use of digital multi meters
• Basic understanding of positioning sensors such as GNSS, gyro, accelerometer, magnetometer, laser detector, ultrasonic distance measurement, lidar, rotary encoders, etc.
• Able, or willing to learn to operate heavy equipment such as dozers, motor graders, excavators