Team up with cross-fucntional teams to complete RED compliance testing.
• Provide early design inputs in order ensure predictable EMC/EMI, Electrical Safety and Environmental compliance of Topcon products
• Develop test plans with reference to the applicable EMC/EMI, Electrical Safety and Environmental standards
• Work directly with third party certification agencies to gain the product approvals required to sell into the global marketplace
• Act as product liability expert regarding safety, standards, and compliance issues in the field
• Manage and track regulatory/compliance schedules to support global product releases
• Monitor and communicate changes in standards and processes to cross-functional teams
• Support implementation of regulatory directives as dictated by THQ and US government agencies
• Responsible for releasing product certificate of conformance in accordance with the EMC and R&TTE Directives
Skills: • Intimate knowledge of US and EU standards for EMC performance: EU Low Voltage Directive, EMC Directive and EMC standards
• Knowledge of Australian/New Zealand and Japanese EMC standards
• Experience with ESD, EMC and EMI testing (emissions & immunity) preferably on the design level. Ability to review designs and offer suggestions for improvements.
• Excellent organizational, documentation and presentation skills
• Must be able to work independently, with minimal direction
• Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously to determine requirements and propose solutions