The Marketing Strategy Manager (MSM) is a lead marketing management position within the marketing strategy team. They establish and manage the marketing plans and go to market plans for products within their product category or industry focus. MSM take into account global conditions internal to Topcon and externally in the industry. The MSM is responsible for establishing and maintaining the product marketing brief and definition globally. The product marketing brief is then utilized to maintain global consistency of message around a particular product. The MSM will assist in generation of marketing content such as promotional text, video technical directing, marketing support collateral and scheduling the release of confidential information. All of these activities tie to the marketing plan and go to market plan. The MSM must maintain an expert level of awareness with regard to technology within their market focus. MSM must be able to both explain, present and operate technology within their area of focus. They work with product management, professional services, sales, and portfolio managers to prepare the marketing plan. The MSM reports directly to the director of marketing strategy.
1. Develop the Go To Market plan for pending product releases.
2. Develop and maintain the product marketing brief for all products in their market segment.
3. Collect information and formulate marketing plans for assigned product categories.
4. Review launch schedules continuously.
5. Communicate and manage release dates of confidential information.
6. Product launch – plan the launch of new products and releases and manages the cross-functional execution of the plan.
7. Assist creative services with technical marketing content to generate print, video, web, and mobile applications.
8. Communicate changes in the got to market plan based on dynamic changes internally and externally.
9. Maintain a global awareness of product launch plans.
10. Maintain an expert level skill set in the technology applicable to their industry focus.
Bachelor degree required.
Masters of business or marketing preferred
Minimum of 5 year in hardware and software go to market marketing
Excellent and pro-active communication skills with peers and executives
Strong public speaking and presentation generation skills
Global travel required, up to 25% of time