Topcon Medical Systems (TMS), based in Oakland, NJ, is a leading developer and supplier of diagnostic equipment for the ophthalmic community. Topcon's mission is to make impossible ideas possible, by constantly developing new optical and measurement technologies. Our goal is simple: to provide you with the most innovative equipment so that you can better serve your patients. For over 40 years, TMS has been leading the way with the most technically advanced instrumentation in the marketplace. Our product line comprises the largest selection of precision instruments from one manufacturer ... providing products for a wide range of applications, including imaging, diagnostic, refractive, surgical, and delivery. Whatever your particular instrument requirements, Topcon has the innovative solution you need. All of our products are developed with the practitioner's needs in mind and backed up by a network of dedicated service specialists. Topcon Medical Systems is a wholly owned subsidiary of Topcon Corporation of Tokyo, Japan.
The material handler will be responsible for unloading product deliveries, picking product for sales orders, packing said product, and maintaining inventory organization. In addition, the material handler will also be called upon to assist other teams in the warehouse as necessary. Preference for this position will be given to those who have forklift experience, can lift up to 50 lbs., and are available to work some evenings and/or weekends on a monthly basis.
Review and retrieve products on sales orders swiftly and accurately
• Pack, label, and create shipping documentation for the logistics coordinator
• Assist the receiving team in unloading delivery vehicles
• Load outgoing shipments onto trucks
• Perform routine inventory checks
• Maintain a safe and organized work environment
Minimum Job Requirements
• High school diploma/GED
• Ability to lift loads of up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to read small print
• Ability to use basic computer software
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
Preferred Skills and Experience
• 1+ Years’ relevant job experience
• Current and valid OSHA forklift certification
• Previous experience with a Warehouse Management System
• Previous experience with UPS/FedEx shipping solutions
• Previous experience with SAP/SAPByDesign