Core Job Duties:
· Oversee the development and maintenance of a dynamic, responsive, quality focused, and cost optimized supply base
· Develop and implement materials and production planning tools and methodologies in support of manufacturing strategies and policies
· Provide training, leadership and direction to the team responsible for purchasing and planning the respective purchased components and manufactured assemblies.
· Review and process MRP order release, expedite, defer and reschedule recommendations for assigned commodities; generate purchase orders accordingly.
· Implement policies and procedures as required in support of the ISO9001:2015 standard.
· Liaise with the production and customer care teams as required to ensure timely, accurate shipments and provide a high level of service to our customers.
· Develop, monitor and maintain relevant purchasing, supply chain, and planning metrics/KPIs to drive continuous improvement internally and within our supply base
· Work with the Quality Manager/quality team as required to ensure the quality of our purchased materials and components.
· Maintain a high level of professional ethics and ensure departmental adherance to the Topcon Code of Conduct
· Work with the engineering and production teams to support NPI activities
· Support lean manufacturing initiatives/kaizen events.
· Perform other duties as required
Education & Experience:
· AS in business, operations, or equivalent discipline required; 4 year degree preferred
· 3-4 years of supervisory/management experience in supply chain management, purchasing, planning, scheduling or materials management
· CPIM, CSCP or CPM certification preferred; progress towards certification required
· Prior experience working with MRP, master scheduling, demand planning or forecasting
· Prior experience working in an electronics assembly/ manufacturing operation preferred
· Prior experience with Oracle JD Edwards ERP software helpful; strong ERP user interface skills required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Strong communication skills
· Must possess strong analytical skills and have prior experience developing and maintaining relevant KPIs
· Demonstrated ability to develop, implement, and sustain policies aimed at ensuring departmental consistency, efficiency and effectiveness
· Able to work independently without close supervision.
· Experience within an ISO9001 environment
· Willingness to take a ‘hands-on’ approach to supporting purchasing/planning activity.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Possess good teamwork skills.
· Ability to coach, develop, and lead a team of employees within a fast paced, growing organization