Topcon Positioning Systems (TPS) is the world leader in providing innovative precision positioning systems for construction, surveying, mining and agricultural applications. Our commitment to innovation has earned countless patents and led to a vibrant culture of engineering and design creativity balanced with a pragmatic passion to solve the problems of tomorrow, today.
Core Job Duties:
• Manage and develop the survey sales distribution network
• Analyze, evaluate, and secure potential distribution partners throughout the territory.
• Be primary point of contact for distribution network for all sales related issues within the territory.
• Work with the distributors and TPS personnel to create and implement strategic plans for sales and marketing activities.
• Work with individual dealer principals and staff to evaluate, train, and develop staff as required.
• Provide company with market competitive analysis to help determine pricing and product strategies.
• Work within the market to gain higher brand recognition through promotion, field days, and public speaking opportunities.
• Provide weekly written reports
Education & Experience:
• BS/BA in Business preferred or 2 yr associates degree in Civil or geomatic technology.
• 5 yrs industry sales experience and/or dealer management
• Live within sales territory
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Survey industry knowledge
• Must be a proven leader and highly skilled in written and verbal communications.
• Proven strong interpersonal relationship, negotiating skills, and good problem-solving abilities.
• Self-starter and able to work independently with little direct supervision.
• Wide ranging product application knowledge for GPS, surveying, and overall surveying practices.
• Excellent understanding of customer service and support requirements with respect to implementation and management of new and existing positioning technologies.
A manager of people manages 50% or more of the time and managing people is a core duty of the job.
• Indicate if this position is: x0 An Individual Contributor 0 Managing people.
• If managing people, indicate if this position is: 0 Managing Remotely 0 Managing Onsite
_____ Independent, self-directed employees
_____ Daily, frequent oversight/management required
• Number of Direct Reports and type of management:
• Lift 50lbs regularly to set-up/demonstrate survey equipment
• 50% travel away from home
• Some demonstrations/tradeshows require working in outside conditions