Primary duties include performing product bench analysis/diagnosis and repairs. Primary duties include troubleshooting/repairing products. Supports and responds to hardware questions/problems from customers as required in support of product being repaired.
1. Perform tests, troubleshooting, assembly, rework and calibration.
2. Communicate with customers over the phone or via e-mail.
3. Diagnose, test, troubleshoot, and repair returned in-warranty and post warranty products
4. Occasionally perform field work for troubleshooting, installation and repair of products.
5. Process customer orders (for associated repairs), enter information, bill out work performed, maintain service logs and other departmental records.
6. Provide support to the Production Test Technicians by covering absences or providing additional capacity during peak business levels. This includes but is not limited to inspecting, testing, and setting up completed electronic assemblies.
7. Provide technical support to the QA team and other functional areas by helping out with failure investigations, reliability testing, accelerated life testing, etc.
8. Perform other duties as required
Education & Experience:
1. Ability to read and interpret schematics; strong knowledge of electronic components
2. Experience soldering and demonstrated electronic troubleshooting techniques.
3. Working knowledge of basic test equipment, meters, oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, etc.
4. Excellent customer service skills
5. Possess good teamwork, analytical and organizational skills
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools and customer order entry in an ERP system