Experienced project buyer required to support New Product Introduction teams with NPI prototype buys. This position will also need to support production manufacturing and service needs.
• Provided Purchasing and Material Planning support for production, manufacturing and service.
• Support internal customer requirements including regarding new product development and the procurement of prototype parts and sub-assemblies.
• Work closely with Engineering, Supply Chain Managers, Project Managers, and Suppliers throughout the development stages on design for manufacturability.
• Manage part modifications, revision changes, and build schedules for new projects. Communicate any changes and modifications on prototypes to suppliers.
• Manage the quotation process, review all bids, and work with Supply Chain Managers in providing sourcing recommendations.
• Negotiate and manage suppliers to obtain product information in the areas of price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Assist Quality with facilitating First Articles Inspections of prototypes, including all required documentation. Work with Engineering on validation and communicating outcome to Suppliers.
• Coordinate Material Review Board activity for rejected material, including processing of Quality Notifications, obtaining RMA numbers, and communicating corrective action if required by suppliers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Well versed in the area of procurement and sourcing process including a fundamental understanding in manufacturing and materials planning and all MRP based activities.
• Must be a team player with the ability to work cross functionally as an individual contributor in a fast paced, changing environment.
• Expertise in procurement methods and strong knowledge of quality systems and manufacturing processes.
• Ability to read mechanical drawings and prints.
• Excellent communication, organization, and interpersonal skills required.
• Detail-oriented and organized, with strong time management skills.
• Ability to multi-task and manage several priorities at once.
• Strong ERP system experience, SAP preferred.
• Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Education & Experience Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within manufacturing planning, procurement and relevant Supply Chain Management activities.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience