• Develop and facilitate the implementation of world-class supply chain practices and procedures within the CM business unit and roll-out support throughout the business.
• Experience managing a supply chain of at least $100M+
• Own product, capacity, quality, and escalations both at the CM and at Topcon and drive appropriate root cause countermeasures to fix the problem(s)
• Ensure active coordination and partnership between the CM and Topcon’s global factories.
• Support and execute the established sales and operations plan (S&OP) for the product lines including forecasting, inventory management, capacity planning, and leadership reviews.
• Facilitate weekly and monthly operating reviews to ensure adherence to key business metrics at the CM’s. Be able to drive improvements and maintain metrics for forecast accuracy, inventory valuation, capacity utilization and cost savings.
• Communicate, influence and interact with broad functional areas including Operations, Supply Chain, Inventory managers and Finance to support the AOP (Annual Operating Plan).
• Lead all process improvement activities across multiple CM’s to drive continuous improvement as it supports Topcon’s business objective and corporate goals.
• Assist in the negotiation of supplier contracts or service arrangements.
• Demonstrated experience collaborating and working cross functionally with engineering teams and product teams.
• Key member on all new product introduction (NPI) projects and coordinating the necessary supply chain efforts to support product launches.
• Lead and support projects and action items within operations and supply chain to ensure optimal quality, delivery and cost efforts.
Minimum Job Requirements:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proactive - Acts without direct guidance and brings new ideas to the company
• Self-starter - Sufficiently motivated without the help of others
• Autonomous - Ability to work individually yet highly collaborative and resourceful
• Organized - Develop, implement, evaluate and adjust plans to reach goals, while ensuring the optimal use of resources
• Superior Communicator - Listen to others and communicate articulately while fostering open communication
• Resourceful - Manage resources to achieve planned goals
• Decision Maker - Not afraid to make decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity
• Experience with a continuous improvement methodology (e.g., LEAN, Six Sigma)
• Experience with ERP (preferably SAP) and/or automated purchasing system
• Experience with a large manufacturing company utilizing strategic sourcing methods to reduce costs
• Highly proficient with MS Office (word, excel & powerpoint)
Education & Experience:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience managing local and overseas PCBA CM’s.
• B.S. preferred
• Experience with SAP planning and procurement disciplines preferred
• CPSM and/or APICs certification or other Planning, Procurement or Material Management certifications preferred