Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide guidance and leadership to a team of engineers to develop and maintain scalable software solutions.
· Ensure the software team meets delivery deadlines and quality goals.
· Foster a culture of continuous improvement, iterative development and accountability.
· Collaborate and network with the internal Topcon and external community to establish contacts.
· Lead the development of embedded software, PC software and mobile apps for agricultural equipment.
· Develop and document software requirements and design.
· Develop and execute testing to prove that the designs meet the requirements.
· Write, modify and debug software for embedded and computer applications in C++ and C# and other programming languages.
Required Knowledge, Skill & Abilities:
· Strong technical aptitude.
· Must be detail oriented with excellent organizational, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
· Positive attitude and ability to get along with others in a cooperative team environment.
· Experience with software development for mobile electronics.
· Knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++ and C#.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of five years of work experience, preferably a minimum of two years in a supervisory role.
· Software Engineering degree, Computer Science or equivalent.
· Experience working in a Linux environment.
· Knowledge of CANbus and precision agriculture is an asset, but not required.