Topcon Positioning Group is headquartered in Livermore, California, USA (topconpositioning.com). Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. To learn more about Topcon career opportunites go to www.topconcareers.com.
Graphic design and creative direction assistance for global marketing and other promotional efforts.
CORE JOB DUTIES
• Provide brand compliant creative ideas and designs for print and digital media – assist in the overall design process from conception to delivery
• Collaboratively generate creative ideas and designs for large scale marketing initiatives used globally – campaigns, tradeshows, events, programs, product marketing, advertising, promotions, collateral etc. with the ability to measure success
• Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics, as assigned
• Maintain established brand consistency throughout all our marketing projects
• Proactively work with internal clients, marketing staff, creative teams and outside vendors to ensure deadlines are met
• Assist managing photography sessions, in studio and in the field
• Currently no direct reports, but help manage temp staff, interns, etc. Will assist other internal staff as needed.
• Creation and maintenance of assets for website, support site, dealer portal and support materials, DAM, etc.
• Collaboratively help define and maintain workflows and proactively manage the flow of projects through all levels of needed input and review as a part of the approval process
• Help team stay up-to-date with industry developments, tools, trends and technologies
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, related course of study, or equivalent experience
• Proven work experience as a Senior Designer, Graphic Designer or similar role in an in-house marketing/design department or creative agency
• 7+ years minimum experience in design for digital, print, online, etc
• Experience designing for online, print and multimedia
• Strong portfolio of work
• Strong understanding of the latest trends associated with digital advertising and social media
• Experience with B2B and/or technology companies that have global distribution with workflows for translations of marketing assets
• Experience and understanding of photography is highly desireable
• Knowledge of motion graphics, web design, videography and other related applications and technologies a plus
• Experience with workflows for digital asset management tools and project management tools
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
• High level of proficiency in all design programs (on a Macintosh OS) including: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, (Adobe Creative Cloud) etc.
• Ability to design for PPT, Word, Keynote and other ancillary tools
• Strong project management skills, experience with Asana or (or similar) preferred
• Strong communication skills; Effective communicator around design ideas both verbally and in writing
• Highly creative, detailed oriented and with a strong eye for design, layout, color and typography
• Keen attention to detail, careful work ethic; Ability to meet demanding deadlines
• Eager to learn new skills, discover trends and push your comfort level; Positive, energetic and able to take constructive feedback
• Can work independently, yet is able and open and willing to take direction. Resourceful and self-motivated – can work independently and collaboratively; ability to multi-task multiple projects
• Passionate about design, marketing and branding; Keen understanding of graphic design principles and current web technologies; Advanced understanding of print, packaging, identity, event, branding, advertising, digital design and other applications of design