Topcon Positioning Group is headquartered in Livermore, California, USA (topconpositioning.com). Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. To learn more about Topcon career opportunities go to www.topconcareers.com.
See how TPS is changing things: https://www.youtube.com/user/TopconToday
Provide mechanical tech/drafting services, build and test prototype hardware to support the machine control engineering efforts in Livermore.
Perform general mechanical engineering duties, product concepts, modeling & simulations, create test plans, assemble, test and evaluate performance of prototype hardware to support the machine control engineering efforts in Livermore.
Perform 3D product modeling in Solidworks to develop machine control sensors and components. Perform vibration and thermal stress analysis simulations. Sensor selection and integration for machine control systems. Participate in cross functional development teams. Participate and actively contribute to engineering brainstorming and problem solving efforts.
Education & Experience
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
3 to 5 years experience preferred, but will consider new graduates with demonstrated aptitude.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
• Proficient with Solidworks
• Understanding of material selection and design techniques for harsh vibration and environmental conditions
• Basic understanding of closed loop control systems
• Fundamental understanding of electrical systems and electronic devices
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Able to perform fundamental mechanical engineering analysis
• Familiar with various production methods to provide cost effective and reliable products
• Able to use common hand tools