Topcon Positioning Group is headquartered in Livermore, California, USA (topconpositioning.com). Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. To learn more about Topcon career opportunities go to www.topconcareers.com.
See how TPS is changing things: https://www.youtube.com/user/TopconToday
Join our manufacturing engineering team in a fast growing business unit focused on rugged products for the survey, civil engineering, construction and agriculture industries.
If you are passionate about improving the way we do things on manufacturing assembly floor, identifying inefficiencies, gaps in control, opportunity to do better, faster, cheaper…
Manufacturing Engineer to support John Deere, Komatsu, aftermarket as well as new products and other process improvement projects.
CORE JOB DUTIES
• Develop manufacturing processes for final assembly of electronic products
• Develops, implements and maintains methods, operations sequence and processes
• Interfaces with design and engineering in coordinating the release of new products
• Estimates manufacturing cost, determines time standards and makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements of new and existing product lines
• Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of Mfg operations
• Provide Design for manufacturability feedback (DFM) to mechanical engineering
• Work with manufacturing fixture vendors on new designs
• Support failure mode investigation with our customer
• Continue process improvements
Education & Experience
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
• Deep understand of machining and casting of metal and plastic parts
• Experience in producing standard work instructions (SWI) for box built assembly
• Utilized Solidworks and/or Autocad for DFM review
• Utilized MS Office – Excel, Word, Power Point
• Helpful: Experience building waterproof enclosures / pressure testing