Topcon Positioning Group is headquartered in Livermore, California, USA (topconpositioning.com). Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets. To learn more about Topcon career opportunities go to www.topconcareers.com.
See how TPS is changing things: https://www.youtube.com/user/TopconToday
· Engages with all levels of leadership in Engineering, Product Management, Finance, Operations and IT to build the business case for transformation of current technical architecture for software enablement
· Translate change goals into viable IT roadmap with resources, budget, process and technology to deliver systems that enable multiple types of software (SaaS, IoT, etc.) to scale for growth
· Scope includes end-to-end process and systems architecture for the selling, billing, entitlement, renewal and financial management of the software portfolio.
· Advise on the intersection of IT, Infrastructure and Product on the operational excellence components (e.g. resiliency, security) of XaaS delivery
· Partner with Product Management/BU to develop key components of the cost/profit models for XaaS fulfillment
· Lead the delivery of IT systems that support the XaaS requirements of multiple BUs, including management of any resources, vendors, technology licensing or budgets associated with the plan
· Build and Operate a services/micro services platform to support the integration of SaaS products into corporate systems
• BS in technical field, MS or MBA highly desirable
• 8+ years Cross-functional/global leadership and influence expertise including negotiations and conflict
• Ten (10) years of overall Engineering & Information Technology related experience with minimum of Eight (8) years of combined Technical Architect/Executive level responsibilities, e.g. SaaS Architect, Distinguished Architect or Engineer, Director Professional Services (Implementation), Leadership roles in similar Software Enablement functions
· High levels of process understanding of software selling, billing, entitlement and activation capabilities.
• Strong (and recent) experience leading the architect or design a highly scalable/available cloud based application or platform. Experience with IoT scale platforms is especially valued
• Direct experience deploying services within public cloud platforms like Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, etc.
• Experience deploying technologies related to Big Data platforms and visualization solutions
• Software coding/engineering experience as related to systems integrations, automation & deployment
• Experience working large applications like SAP, Salesforce or Zuora, with additional consideration for knowledge of the common technologies and open source projects used in conjunction with scalable cloud and big data solutions, for example: VMs, OS level containers (Kubernetes), Linux, Hadoop, Pig, Python, SQL and in-memory NoSQL databases such as Hbase and Cassandra, application load balancing
• Strong technical understanding of IT and cloud technologies (compute, storage, network, database, security, virtualization, IaaS/SaaS/PaaS, OpenStack & open source, etc.)
· Knowledge of SAP, Salesforce and/or Zuora
• Broad knowledge and ability to apply system scalability and availability principles
• Foundational knowledge of development methodologies like Agile, system operational processes (ITIL) and ISO standards (e.g. ISO27001)
• Ability to compile and analyze various cost models related to cloud platforms, leveraging strong knowledge of subscription and licensing costs/terms
• Proven ability to build long term trusted relationships with peers and leaders across multiple function types
· Functional knowledge of finance and billing models associated with reoccurring revenues
· Demonstrated ability to lead executive conversations on strategy and roadmaps.