Topcon Advanced Biomedical Imaging Laboratory (TABIL), located in Oakland, NJ, is a dedicated R&D laboratory, focusing on exciting interdisciplinary projects with global impact and contributing to the corporate’s mission to improve healthcare through the eye. TABIL is fully supported by Topcon Corporation of Tokyo, Japan.
We seek a highly motivated software engineer to work within a dedicated R&D team in providing cutting-edge technologies and contributing to interdisciplinary projects. The position is mainly responsible for implementing and converting image processing and analysis solutions into product ready modules with organized documentation. The successful Software Engineer is also responsible for providing guidance and recommendation on software design and development best practices for other members in the team for software development projects.
To implement and convert image processing and analysis solutions into product ready modules with organized documentation.
To provide guidance and recommendation on software design and development best practices
• Improve or build upon current existing image processing algorithms; implement and validate solutions to enhance product functionality.
• Generate a standalone AI project or incorporate AI into a commercial platform (using GPU)
• Implement image enhancement algorithms using Tensorflow, and enhance the performance of image analysis algorithms using GPU.
• Support commercial software development efforts, including working with internal teams and customers to troubleshoot and/or enhance the solution and systems.
• Create technical documents including software design specification (SDS).
• Perform code review of source program.
• Fix bugs and implement features in existing systems.
• Design and develop utility programs required for maintenance.
• Provide guidance and recommendation on software design and development best practices.
Education & Experience:
1 to 5 years industry experience or equivalent laboratory experience preferred.
PhD or MS in Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Programming expertise in C/C++, Matlab, and Python.
• Experience with GPU architecture and GPU programming (CUDA, OpenCL, OpenGL).
• Experience with image processing algorithm and OpenCV.
• Familiarity with commercial development tools: Visual Studio, source control (SVN, GitHub).
• Experience with ITK and VTK highly preferred.
• Experience in C/C++ GUI framework, such as MFC and WinAPI preferred.
• Experience in high-performance scientific computing, parallel programming, and multithreading preferred.
• Hands-on experience with medical image processing preferred.
• Knowledge and experience of machine learning/deep learning in image analysis a strong plus.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Must be a team player with a strong work ethic.